Friday, March 6, 2009

Make a Wish Barbie!

I was a "Barbie girl" growing up. I had the hot pink Barbie Corvette, the Barbie House, and outfits and accessories galore. I was always concerned with buying the fashionable outfits and shoes rather than buying new dolls, because Barbie could never go out with Ken in the same outfit she wore the week before. I styled her wardrobe by mixing and matching pieces and would separate the looks in individual sandwich bags. Barbie spurred my interest in fashion and although I don't play with Barbie anymore, I still adore her. To me, she is a style icon that never ages.

On March 9th, Barbie will be celebrating her 50th Birthday party at a full size Malibu Dream House styled by famed "Happy Chic" interior designer Jonathan Adler. Barbie will be rolling out the pink carpet for one of the hottest birthday celebrations of the year.

Visit Bloomingdales at 59th and Lex to shop exclusive Barbie fashions, Juicy Couture Barbie dolls, and to view the many vintage dolls on display.

Happy Birthday Barbie, Make a Wish!

xo Nat

No comments: