Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Graceful Gloves

Jackie O was a woman of style, grace and humility. Her influence on fashion and the arts will always be admired. From her large sunglasses and classic shift dresses, the trend I would most like to see become mainstream again is the presence of the glove. And no... not the eighties style glove, a dainty sophisticated glove that is worn with your favorite dress for a day of shopping at Saks. I recently went looking for gloves and could only find a dusty pink pair at a tiny vintage shop on the Upper East Side. Dainty gloves aside, I must say that I am anti-mittens this winter season! In my opinion, mittens as well as Ugg boots should be reserved for visiting a ski lodge, running to Starbucks in the morning to get a coffee, or ice skating in Central Park. Other than those circumstances - mittens and Ugg boots make your hands and feet look chubby! My suggestion for this winter is to invest in a nice pair of black long leather gloves. Pictured, Alfani - Cashmere Lined Long Leather Glove: $96 on sale at Macy's.


xo Nat

No comments: